Arsenal v. Fulham [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Feb 24, 2009.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Believe it or not, this is one of the few sides we have a chance to do the double over. Arsenal are fragile. Sunderland just held them to a 0-0 draw at The Emirates, and there are those who think that we might just replicate our 1-0 victory this Saturday. What say y'all?

It looks like Dacourt may be injured, or at least a little wonky. I say we give our first best lineup on Saturday. That would be:

Schwarzer; Paintsil, Hughes, Hangeland, PK; Davies, Etuhu, Danny, Deuce; AJ. Z-Bird.

I'm not saying we're going to get something from this match, but I am saying that Bobby Zamora is.

COYW!!!! Get some Gunners

2. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

Arsenal just isn't the same side without Fabregas. I wonder what their record is with and without him in the line-up the last few years. Since we are playing in London, maybe the boys can just think of it as a home game and "bring it hard" to the lil' pistols. After all, WE ARE THE MIGHTY, MIGHTY FULHAM!!!

3. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

Fulham gets a point this week. Mark my words.

4. Bradical

Bradical Member

I would be more confident in getting a point, but good golly did anyone see Arshavin's debut? He was the best player on the pitch, by far. If we can avoid his coming out party, I think we might exit with a point, 0-0.

5. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Shades of White Hart Lane here, as this has 0-0 written it.

Arsenal have only scored 3 goals while conceding 1 in their last 5 home games. And we don't score away.

Its live on FSC at 10 though. Any Bmore area fans up for a visit to Slainte to slag off the Arsenal faithful?

6. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

I no longer subscribe to FSC. Given the fact that we are expecting a child, my wife & myself decided we each needed to give something up to save some extra money. She gave up netflix, so I had to decide between FSC & Setanta. I chose to keep Setanta. So far it has worked out good since Fulham have appeared on Setanta a lot.

However, I may end up paying the $4.99 to watch Fulham/Arsenal via FoxSoccer.Tv after I get home from my son's wrestling tournament on Saturday. I just hope the quality is ok.

7. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Timmyg. Things are a bit shakey at work, so I'm going to have to pass on Slainte's this time around.

8. ohio4fulham

ohio4fulham New Member

Here's to hoping we get something from this game. I think we've got a good chance as long as we stay poised and aren't afraid to go after a goal.

9. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

anyone interested in participating in a podcast tomorrow or friday evening?

if so shoot me an email, timmyintransit@gmail.com

10. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Yeah, I'm still not impressed with Arsenal either. I'll take nil-nil for a thousand. No? Ok, for a point then.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Here's Lawro's pre - DICK - shun

Arsenal v Fulham

Arsenal are quietly beavering away this season. They've got the Champions League first leg win under their belt and they're in the next round of the FA Cup.

Best of all they have a few players coming back from injury.

Fulham are virtually safe from relegation and they've done brilliantly this term, but I can't see them winning at the Emirates Stadium.

Verdict: 2-0

12. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Lawro is often wrong but it would have been nice to give us more credit than that.

Zamora is going to give Gallas fits. We will score. You heard it hear first.......or maybe 2nd or 3rd. :D

13. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Beavering?

14. jmh

jmh New Member

We're going to win on the road at some point, but it's not at the Emirates. 1-0 loss with Arsenal getting a soft penalty for the only goal.

15. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Thread Hijack!

Has anyone else noticed that AJ appears to be getting "felt up" on the photo on the main page for the West Brom writeup?

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Dam, Nev; you know what he means!

17. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Roy showing confidence in the preview:

"We'll play with two strikers against Arsenal tomorrow because we think that's our best chance of getting a result.''

I think ol' Roy smells blood in the water on this trip - time to break this year's away schneid.

18. sullytex

sullytex Member

I'll be the one to cast a pessimistic shadow in saying I am leaning toward a tough fought close loss for the lads. Weighting - 50% loss 40% draw 10% victory. As i've said before, these are the type of predictions were I love being wrong.

I still might take a bit of action on 11-1 for a 0-0 draw.

COYW prove me wrong!

19. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, our midfield destroyed theirs in the last meeting in August?

Hopefully Murphy and Etuhu can control the central midfield.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

You remember correctly, sir. Danny bossed their lame butts right off the pitch. The biggest problem we'll have there is that their pitch is bigger than ours, and if they play to their full width, they'll turn us more easily than they could have in our house. It's what hurts us at Old Trafford every time.

By the way, since this match is on FSC, you guys will have to man the chatroom without me. Try to get along ... somehow.

COYW!