Around the Premier League

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by MisterF, Feb 4, 2012.

1. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Thought we could use a catch-all thread for week-to-week comments on various EPL games that don't necessarily need their own thread.

Anyone watching the Arsenal/Blackburn match? Arsenal absolutely destroying Rovers. RvP already with a hattrick. Oxlade-Chamberlain has also looked really impressive. Doesnt help that Blackburn is down to 10 men. 6-1 and counting.

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

7-1. I wish Fulham played like this against a 10 man Blackburn.

3. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Yea no kidding! I'm also hoping Man City doesnt do the same this to us!

Pretty cool to see Henry get a goal at the end there.

4. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Wow Wigan take the lead 1-0 against Everton after a terribly judged deflection from Howard. It does seem a bit slick out there though.

EDIT: and now Everton have equalized. About time this game got interesting.

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Not sure this thread really works (because I really wanted to start a new thread emphasizing QPR's loss) :handgestures-thumbupleft: ...we have an entire forum to discuss Premier League games and such. Feel free to start new topics in this forum, MisterF and everyone else.

6. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Fair enough, just took the idea from a hockey message board I post on. We can let it die then.

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The filth from Scumford Bridge lost to Woy's WBA for the first time since 1979... :character-beavisbutthead:

How much longer will it be until an AVB getting shown the door is added to the sacking pool thread?

8. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Wow so that didn't take long! AVB sacked this morning!

9. SoCalJoe

Perfect cure for insomnia this morning. Chelscum was hosting Spurs and for 2 teams fighting for the CL it was dreadful.

10. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

+1

11. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Wigan wins at Anfield. Bolton over Blackburn. Norwich wins. Fulham don't have to look over their shoulder just yet, but still, snap out of it lads b/c the final script hasn't been written, yet.

12. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Call me morbid, call me pale, but Daglish's whinging has finally gotten to me. He now complains of Liverpool's fixture schedule AND THEY AREN'T EVEN IN EUROPE. Give me a break...at first I was indifferent, but now I think he should STFU. I'm tired of his act - and he isn't that good - where are you in the table? Woo hoo, 'Pool won the Carling Cup. Therefore, they can play reserves and crash out early next year b/c they won't respect the competition in all likelihood.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... pool-wigan

13. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Agreed. Stop the tears Kenny.

14. SoCalJoe

The battle at the bottom is heating up and Citeh not totally dead yet. Wigan 1 ManU 0... :shock: What else can be said about Martinez and how good a manager he is? QPHa hammers Swansea and both them and the Latics are out of the drop zone, putting Blackburn (and their calamitous last second loss to Liverpool) and Bolton in the drop zone. Villa better get a result soon or they might get dragged into this relegation battle.

Citeh moves back ahead of United on GD and back within 5 points, with a home match against them still on the schedule.

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yeah, saw the Man U/Wigan match. It should be interesting when we face them next...which will be awhile.

16. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Heard this one the other day and said it in chat, but think it bears repeating:

Kenny Dalglish goes into a church to confess over the Easter Holidays. "forgive me father, for I have sinned."
    The priest replies: "Come forth my child"
    Dalglish says: "Forth Father? We will be bloody lucky to come eighth."

17. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Chelsea with a Fulham-like beat down of QPR. Things not looking good for Hughes and Co. :lol:

18. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Posted this yesterday in Promo/releg thread...thought I'd repost here, just for fun...

Big props to Wolves today. Having already been relegated, they stormed back from being down 4-nil at Swans. They could've easily packed it in, but they didn't. Instead, they went to work, and against one of the best new keepers in the league, fought back to even terms, even though it meant NOTHING in either the short or long run. That's real character and class.

19. SoCalJoe

Jump, good shout for the repost on the Wolves not quitting against Swansea.

Wigan put a major dent in Newcastle's 4th place bid w/a 4-0 thrashing, that 2-1 win against them looks better and better.

I'll copy Jump and repost from the Relegation/Promotion thread. In desperate need of a result against Spurs, Blackburn put this many shots on goal today;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V3CfD8TPac

20. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Who do we like tomorrow, kids?