American Looking For Ticket Advice for 9/16

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by upper90, Jul 13, 2015.

1. upper90

upper90 New Member

Hello! I've been following Fulham from the US for many years. I started when Brian McBride joined the club and continued through the years, especially with all the American players who have been in the squad.

I'm going to London for the first time in September. I really want to go to the 9/16 Wednesday night game at Craven Cottage vs Wolverhampton, but doing research on buying tickets hasn't been very helpful, so I was recommended to post here.

I'm looking at this site which looks legit: http://www.fulhamfc.com/first-team/2015_2016/league/home/wolverhampton-wanderers

It says General Sale tickets are available next Monday. Do these games usually sell out quickly? Will I be able to buy tickets from the US with a US credit card and have them sent to my US address before my trip, or do I need a UK bank account/address to buy from this site?

I'd love to hear from anyone who has experience buying tickets and what my best options would be.

I'm looking to also go to a 1 or 2 Premier League games while I'm there. I've been looking at Viagogo to buy tickets from but it only looks like they have Hospitality Packages at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Welcome upper90, I'll leave it to the people who've gone what the best way to go about it is, but you'll be able to use your credit card no problem (the link you posted is Fulham's official site, so get your seats through them) Also, would imagine that buying the tickets this early that having them shipped to you won't be an issue (if you don't want to pay the overseas shipping cost I'm sure you can just Will Call them). Mid-week against Wolves in the Championship won't be close to a sellout so you won't have a problem getting in. On the other hand, going to the Prem matches might be more difficult. I would recommend figuring out what match(es) you wish to attend and try and go through those club's official site as well. Worse case scenario depending on the matchup you can even buy a ticket in the away section (if that doesn't bother you). Good luck and have a great trip

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

You won't have any difficulty getting tickets. There's no way that a midweek match will sell out -- they wouldn't even do that when we were in the Prem. See if you can get a tour of the ground as part of your trip. It's well worth it.

4. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Welcome 90! I concur with the right honourable gentlemen above. Also, if you can swing it, I'd try to attempt to attend ANY event at Wembley Stadium. And there is a rugby match on 9/20, between New Zealand and Argentina. Unfortunately, it's at 4:45 p.m., which would intefere with your Premiership plans. But here's the ticket link anyway. Good luck and have fun! https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/

5. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Went over in 07 and saw them play Reading in the Prem. Had the tickets left at will call. Ended up getting up early one morning and calling to get them. Very Easy.

6. upper90

upper90 New Member

Thanks SoCalJoe, appreciate it! Great to hear that site is legit and I can use my credit card. Ticket prices seem pretty reasonable. Yeah the EPL tickets seem much harder, I'm going to try the club's official sites as well as the American supporter sites to see if anyone is selling. Thanks again.

7. upper90

upper90 New Member

Thanks HatterDon, good to know they won't sell out for a game like this. I'm staying fairly close to Craven Cottage so a tour is an excellent idea.

8. upper90

upper90 New Member

Thanks for the link, I'm not much or a rugby fan but checking out Wembley would be pretty awesome.

9. upper90

upper90 New Member

It seems like will call might work better than worrying about them getting shipped to the US in time. Did you buy them from the Fulham official site and just show them your US drivers license/ID?

10. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Yep, used the Offal originally, but ended up calling to get them, as without thinking I tried to use my AMEX card and the site would not let me buy them. The agent could see the tickets I tried to purchase but recommended others in the same section that were a couple rows back and covered in case of rain. Showed up match day and the had a stand on Stevenage Rd for will call pickups.

11. upper90

upper90 New Member

Thanks to everyone who posted, I have an update.

I created an account on the Fulham website (the only issues was accepting my US address but a quick email to Fulham got that resolved). I alerted my bank I would be making a purchase in the UK. Last week when the General Sale went live I was able to log in, pick my seats (row 1!) and pay with my credit card no problem. I go the tickets in the mail to my US address today so they mailed very quickly.

I am very excited about the game and seeing Fulham live.

Now I just wish buying Premier League tickets was so straight forward!