AggieMatt, Im starting to agree with you RE: Jol

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Andersons11, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Andersons11

Andersons11 Member

Foot off the gas, tactics etc

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

You should attend one of our beer, burger, and BS sessions when the topic comes to Jol. We've called him everything but a nice fellow ... and we haven't scratched the surface. Right now we have a squad that's got twice the talent and twice the depth that Cookie had in his last two seasons, and we'll struggle to reach the league position he did in those last two full seasons.

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

What? Martin Jol Sexy Football is not panning out over 18 months? It's all simply a matter of more time to sort things out. Grab a cookie, or biscuit, or beer, or scotch...

4. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

We just need a creative cm. And a lb. And another rb. And maybe a holding mid b/c none of our dm's are really holding mids. I hear Frimpong would be a brilliant addition. Or Enoh. :roll:

It's not the who, it's the how. Doesn't matter who you throw out there, we look the same just about every time and we're undone in the same ways every time.

Today was a really puzzler. Against an inferior side who has parked the bus, whose sole method of attack for the first hour is to hoof clearances to a loan striker, we're playing our usual favorite 4 man stationary attack with one striker. It wasn't until we went behind 2-1 that Ol Marty thought, huh, maybe another striker in the box would be smart (minute 103). And it took all of 14 minutes for that to pay off. And why did we need two holding mids? They were awol when the counters came. I swear, that fat f*ck can sleep standing up and he's napping through our matches.

I'd much rather have been wrong on Jol, believe me. Now I'm just pissed b/c it almost feels like he's trying to come up with new displays of stupid. Done venting for now.

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I don't know whether to laugh or give you a hug.

6. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

I am sorry Matt but you and I see Jol in a completely different light. For the first time in a long time I find myself in utter disagreement with you and I am shocked because we usually have such similar takes on things like this but there is no way Jol can be trying to come up with new displays of stupid when he keeps repeating the same display of stupid with different casts of characters. It's like Groundhog Day with new character actors every day who got to watch the previous days shoot and have to do their best imitation of if today.

This post is my 500th and is utterly tongue in cheek. Well sort of except I do think Jol is culpable for being completely inflexible.

7. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

No, you're right. I accused him of the same old problems first and then inserted "new" at the end. Lost control of my verbiage in my angst. It happens.