African Nations Cup players

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by rumstove, Jan 9, 2006.

1. rumstove

rumstove New Member

I know some EPL managers are facing problems with some of their key players missing a few games to represent their countries in the African Nations Cup. Does anyone know of any sites listing the players that will be leaving their clubs, in all leagues or at least the EPL, to play in the Cup? I can't find anything and I'm kind of curious.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Papa Bouba Diop scored for Senegal today as his country defeated Guinea in the quarterfinals. They will next face the winner of the Egypt - Congo match that will be played at 11AM Chicago time this morning.

The two other quarterfinals tomorrow are:

Nigeria vs Tunisia at 7AM Chicago time and
    Ivory Coast vs Cameroon at 11AM Chicago time

My prediction is that Cameroon will win this competition. I have seen a number of these games and Eto'o is killing for Cameroon right now. Watching them play, it is a wonder they did not make the World Cup.

3. Jux

Jux New Member

Where are they broadcasting these games? I was hoping to catch a few of them on TV, but I don't think FSC is showing them.

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I subscribed to Telesud, a French Language channel, for the Tournament. It cost me $15 for the whole tournament. I have been recording the matches and watching them after work.