2019-20 UEFA Champions League

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by jumpkutz, Aug 14, 2020.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Didn’t see a thread on this, surprisingly, so I figured there needed to be, especially after what happened today at the Nou Camp. All I can say is that hell will freeze over before Barca ships 8 goals again at home. Truly beyond embarrassing. All I saw were the extended highlights. I was tempted to feel sorry for FCB...for about a nanosecond. What a butt whoopin.’

MicahMan likes this.
  2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

My View touched on Bayern's dominance being due to them always playing their game and forcing the opponents to accede to it.

3. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I was sad to see Atalanta's fairy tale run came to an end in heartbreaking fashion as they gave up two late goals and allowed PSG to come from behind and win 2-1 earlier this week. Atalanta, like Fulham are a club that has bounced around through the divisions of Italian football and like Fulham they lack a lot of hardware. Also, their home of Bergamo had been hit hard by coronavirus. So for all those reasons I had a soft spot for them. Fortunately, they finished third in Serie A in 2019/20 so they'll be back in the Champions League again.

Former Fulham keeper, Sergio Rico, came on for PSG when Navas was injured in the second half. He managed to not give up any goals, but I'm not sure he actually faced a shot.

nevzter and SoCalJoe like this.
  4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Lepzig will be PSG's next opponent, as Tyler Adams netted the winning goal over Athletico (albeit w/the help of a defelction).

nevzter likes this.
  5. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Fulham alumnus Moussa Dembélé scored a double off the bench to lead Lyon to victory over Man City. I suppose that means they’ll face Bayern in the semifinals.

How I would love to see a Lyon vs Leipzig final, but it’s more likely to be the complete opposite.

SoCalJoe and MicahMan like this.
  6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I can't imagine anyone beating this Bayern side

7. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Neymar attempts a Joe Bryan..... and fails!!!

I have to credit my son for pointing this out. It is clear someone was watching Fulham. Perhaps PSG's keeper Sergio Rico keeping track of his old friends from West London?

PSG won easily and Rico was not called on to do much. There is a good chance he'll be the keeper again in the Champions League final on Sunday with Navas still nursing a hamstring injury.

nevzter likes this.