Upcoming USMNT friendlies

A place to talk about all the news and rumors in the EPL. And discuss all non-EPL leagues and teams...Europe, Seria A, MLS, La Liga etc. Also, International play, Word Cup, Qualifying, etc.

Re: Upcoming USMNT friendlies

Postby SoCalJoe » Mon May 21, 2012 10:19 am

Here is the incident w/Shea;

http://www.fcdallas.com/news/2012/05/di ... hree-games

Maybe JK is sending a message to Shea.. Remember the interview w/him describing his admiration for Clint and all the work Deuce did to get where he is? Well it's put up or shut up time Brek. Stop worrying about your stupid haircut, work your @ss off during the rest of the MLS season and show the coach you have to be included next time around

Really dumbfounded about Lichaj. And agree w/everyone else that Adu should of been included. While Freddie isn't a starter, I thought he carved a niche where he was a spark off the bench.
If you choose not to decide you've still made a choice - Neil Peart
SoCalJoe
FulhamUSA Jedi Master

Postby Clevelandmo » Tue May 22, 2012 10:31 am

Grant Wahl tweeted that Dempsey hasnt been training at the USA camp, implying that he is still injured and doubtful for Scotland friendly.
Clevelandmo
FulhamUSA Jedi Master

Postby DCHeather » Fri May 25, 2012 5:45 pm

The 23 man roster

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
DEFENDERS (7): Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers), Geoff Cameron (Houston Dynamo), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Oguchi Onyewu (Sporting Lisbon), Michael Parkhurst (Nordsjaelland)
MIDFIELDERS (7): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Chievo Verona), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Jose Torres (Pachuca)
FORWARDS (6): Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Terrence Boyd (Borussia Dortmund), Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Herculez Gomez (Santos), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

Pretty much as I was expecting, except I had Corona as one to be cut. Altidore and Dempsey will not be available against Scotland, so it will be an interesting line-up for that match.
"Whether Felix Magath would have saved the Titanic, I do not know. However, the survivors would have been in top shape." Jan Fjortoft 2001.
DCHeather
Site Admin

Postby LaxAttack » Fri May 25, 2012 7:01 pm

Sounds like Dempsey (mentioned above), Altidore, Parkhurst and Goodson are all likely out due to injury (Dempsey) and not arriving to camp until late this week (the other three guys). I think Gooch also didn't come to camp until this week so I am guessing Cameron will start at CB with Bocanegra.
LaxAttack
Carlos Bocanegra

Postby jimsig » Fri May 25, 2012 10:03 pm

Saw on facebook earlier tonight that Clint is out for the Scotland match
Jim
jimsig
Carlos Bocanegra

Postby Clevelandmo » Fri May 25, 2012 10:39 pm

Will be out of town so hopefully I can find a place to watch the match. Should be interesting. We have a less than ideal lineup thanks to injuries and Jurgen, but they will be playing in weather that I expect the scots arent accustomed to. But Jurgen says Scotland came very close to qualifying for the Euros so we should be amazed if we even manage a draw with our inferiority to all European soccer. Hail der Kaizer for all he does.

I hope Don will post some comments regarding the match or perhaps even write a "View". He's my only ally in the Klinsmann critic camp.

Come On You Scots. :character-willie: :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy: :royalty-pharaoh: :violence-duel:
Clevelandmo
FulhamUSA Jedi Master

Postby nevzter » Sat May 26, 2012 12:15 am

Chill, 'Mo. He hasn't even managed a "real" match yet. And, he does have an Italy victory under his belt. I'm not pro-Klins, but pro-US, and your posts of late are troubling, but now, rooting for Scotland? :shock:

My response: :obscene-drinkingbuddies:
Dig a pony.
nevzter
FulhamUSA Jedi Master

Postby jumpkutz » Sat May 26, 2012 9:47 am

Glad I didn't go all in for a trip to Jax with no Deuce. Anybody know when he'll be available?
"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi
jumpkutz
FulhamUSA Jedi Master

Postby DCHeather » Sat May 26, 2012 10:50 am

jumpkutz wrote:Glad I didn't go all in for a trip to Jax with no Deuce. Anybody know when he'll be available?

Not sure. He looks doubtful against Brazil too. My guess, he might be ready for one of the qualifiers. Probably against Guatemala, since that game is an important and tough contest.
"Whether Felix Magath would have saved the Titanic, I do not know. However, the survivors would have been in top shape." Jan Fjortoft 2001.
DCHeather
Site Admin

Postby VegasJustin » Sat May 26, 2012 4:19 pm

Do we have no interest in Chandler? It seems like we never call him up when he could be cap tied to the US.
"By striving to do the impossible, man has always achieved what is possible. Those who have cautiously done no more than they believed possible have never taken a single step forward."- Mikhail Bakunin
VegasJustin
Carlos Bocanegra

Postby DCHeather » Sat May 26, 2012 4:55 pm

VegasJustin wrote:Do we have no interest in Chandler? It seems like we never call him up when he could be cap tied to the US.

Check some of the previous posts in the thread. Bradley and Klinsmann have both called Chandler when it mattered and he backs out whenever it means he'll be cap tied to the US.
DCHeather
Site Admin

Postby VegasJustin » Sat May 26, 2012 6:11 pm

Then it's time to kick him off the team forever. It sounds like he's only using us in case Germany doesn't want him. Screw that.
"By striving to do the impossible, man has always achieved what is possible. Those who have cautiously done no more than they believed possible have never taken a single step forward."- Mikhail Bakunin
VegasJustin
Carlos Bocanegra

Postby LaxAttack » Sat May 26, 2012 8:54 pm

Mo's favorite Jermaine Jones is having himself a hell of a game tonight. Set up 2 or 3 goals and scored one himself.

They look good tonight.
LaxAttack
Carlos Bocanegra

Upcoming USMNT friendlies

Postby DCHeather » Sat May 26, 2012 9:14 pm

LaxAttack wrote:Mo's favorite Jermaine Jones is having himself a hell of a game tonight. Set up 2 or 3 goals and scored one himself.

They look good tonight.

Yeah, very good. Maybe the US should start off with a lousy anthem performance all the time. Donovan, Jones, and Torres were awesome. Well, the whole team played very well. Just a few missed plays in the 1st half, but a fine performance by the team wearing the red and white hoops.
DCHeather
Site Admin

Postby Clevelandmo » Tue May 29, 2012 8:34 am

LaxAttack wrote:Mo's favorite Jermaine Jones is having himself a hell of a game tonight. Set up 2 or 3 goals and scored one himself.

They look good tonight.

I dont count his layoff to Bradley as an assist. It was a horrible touch and Bradley scored in spite of it.
Clevelandmo
FulhamUSA Jedi Master

PreviousNext

Return to Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International