Happy May Day, everyone!

Anything and everything else you guys and gals would like to talk about (including other sports) can go, or can be found, here.

Re: Happy May Day, everyone!

Postby Clevelandmo » Wed May 09, 2012 12:14 pm

yeah I have difficulty believing that comment about private insurers also. And after 12 posts I now finally understand why this thread has a title with May Day in it. I guess I'm a little slow on the uptake.

Back to 'fogs' first post, the models they use to predict weather/ climate are iffy. In March I was checking the spring precipitation forecast for my region because we've been getting so much rain the last year that it has affected the soccer fields and teams' ability to practice/play games. In mid March they were predicting above normal precipitation for April, May, and June. By mid April, two weeks into spring, that prediction had changed to lower than normal precipitation for April, May, and June.

As far as the global warming models they use, those models cant predict actual warming from the past, in the geological record, so I dont know how they can be considered reliable for future warming predictions. I'm not a "denier", it is akin to a religion afterall, but to claim this whole hullabaloo is settled science is just nonsense.
Clevelandmo
FulhamUSA Jedi Master

Postby pettyfog » Wed May 09, 2012 6:00 pm

Just where the hell would they come from but a May Day parade in which major participants were 'occupy'?

Mo: Do you know what the employer tax penalty is for not providing group health care? There was talk on how it's fair and levels the field but anyone with a small business would be nuts to not go that route. And I'm sorta neutral on it. Health care should never have been an employer perk in the first place. I've benefited from it for sure, but it would have been better for it to been a 'co-operative' venture like it was supposed to have been Blue Cross' first ventures.

Even then.. there's plenty of exemptions provided under the Obama Plan and the Labor Unions themselves were the first to apply for them. We all know how the Unions feel about their OWN employees, right?

Geez.. Don.
Are you saying he doesnt want single payer?

It did go viral.. The MSM wasnt interested. It was on Fox News... too bad you didnt see it, I dont believe MSNBC showed it

So.. here's Nader for Single Payer.

He makes a powerful argument. He obviously speaks from the Progressive side, but he doesnt address where this corporate power done away with goes. When it goes to government then the last stage of oversight is gone. Let's face it.. you really have the same people managing it. The same avenues for fraud and abuse.
Perhaps the press will do it, right?
Think. For. Yourself.
pettyfog
Carlos Bocanegra

Postby HatterDon » Wed May 09, 2012 11:36 pm

pettyfog wrote:Just where the hell would they come from but a May Day parade in which major participants were 'occupy'?

Mo: Do you know what the employer tax penalty is for not providing group health care? There was talk on how it's fair and levels the field but anyone with a small business would be nuts to not go that route. And I'm sorta neutral on it. Health care should never have been an employer perk in the first place. I've benefited from it for sure, but it would have been better for it to been a 'co-operative' venture like it was supposed to have been Blue Cross' first ventures.

Even then.. there's plenty of exemptions provided under the Obama Plan and the Labor Unions themselves were the first to apply for them. We all know how the Unions feel about their OWN employees, right?

Geez.. Don.
Are you saying he doesnt want single payer?

It did go viral.. The MSM wasnt interested. It was on Fox News... too bad you didnt see it, I dont believe MSNBC showed it

So.. here's Nader for Single Payer.

He makes a powerful argument. He obviously speaks from the Progressive side, but he doesnt address where this corporate power done away with goes. When it goes to government then the last stage of oversight is gone. Let's face it.. you really have the same people managing it. The same avenues for fraud and abuse.
Perhaps the press will do it, right?

I've seen THAT video, 'fog. I want to see the video where he says that he wants to destroy private insurance companies by making it too difficult for them to make a profit. That's what YOU SAID HE SAID.

I'm going to type this slowly so you can keep up. There exists a UNIVERSE of screwups and falsehoods and just plain incapability about Obama's four years in the White House for a SERIOUS political party and a SERIOUS conservative citizen to cite to make a good case for making this man a one-term president. Instead you guys are quoting things the man never said, condemning him for doing what the previous president did, and continuing to embrace the Tea Party Loonies who will NEVER vote for a Democrat, instead of running a serious nuanced campaign to attract the independents. The party of Goldwater is now the party of birthers and bigots. So sad; so sad.
Fulham 'til I kick it, y'all!
COME ON YOU SCORPIONS

www.thetimandbobshow.com
www.facebook.com/timandbob

www.dphvocalease.com
www.facebook.com/dphvocalease

www.facebook.com/SellersAndHymel
HatterDon
FulhamUSA Jedi Master

Postby Clevelandmo » Thu May 10, 2012 8:24 am

'fog my recollection is that Obama supported a public option which I view as different from a "single payer". A public option, depending upon what it covers, might put some private insurers out of business, but not all. Even though England has the NHS they still have private medical insurance which a lot of people opt for if they have issues that the NHS care doesnt include.

And Don, continuing to refer to Tea Party participants in derogatory and inaccurate terms is not running a SERIOUS campaign either. It is also intolerant and bigoted. I consider myself a Tea Party supporter and I did vote for a democrat. They have many female supporters and I bet plenty of them have voted for democrats before. I dont see conservatives' treatment/depiction of the occupy movement any worse than democrats' treatment of the tea party movement.
Clevelandmo
FulhamUSA Jedi Master

Postby HatterDon » Thu May 10, 2012 11:18 am

Clevelandmo wrote:'fog my recollection is that Obama supported a public option which I view as different from a "single payer". A public option, depending upon what it covers, might put some private insurers out of business, but not all. Even though England has the NHS they still have private medical insurance which a lot of people opt for if they have issues that the NHS care doesnt include.

And Don, continuing to refer to Tea Party participants in derogatory and inaccurate terms is not running a SERIOUS campaign either. It is also intolerant and bigoted. I consider myself a Tea Party supporter and I did vote for a democrat. They have many female supporters and I bet plenty of them have voted for democrats before. I dont see conservatives' treatment/depiction of the occupy movement any worse than democrats' treatment of the tea party movement.

My concern with the Tea Party movement is that it seems to list government as the cause of the vast majority of the nation's ills AND the "Tea Party Candidates" that have so far been elected to Congress seem to have -- as their central aim -- shutting down the national government through legislation that would permanently damage the national government's ability to govern. The newly nominated Republican senatorial candidate from Utah made it clear that he has no love for the 14th Amendment to the Constitution with what was basically his first public statement in that position.

I'm also not in love with the birthers and racists who seem to attend all Tea Party "events." Finally, I'm not thrilled that the same people who provide various Tea Party organizations with significant funding, are the folks that are writing cookie-cutter state laws designed to decrease the civil rights of union members, LGBT citizens, and hispanics.

Finally, I doubt you'll vote for a Democrat this year, Ms. Maureen. Isn't that so?
Fulham 'til I kick it, y'all!
COME ON YOU SCORPIONS

www.thetimandbobshow.com
www.facebook.com/timandbob

www.dphvocalease.com
www.facebook.com/dphvocalease

www.facebook.com/SellersAndHymel
HatterDon
FulhamUSA Jedi Master

Postby pettyfog » Sat May 12, 2012 1:35 pm

HatterDon wrote:..

My concern with the Tea Party movement is that it seems to list government as the cause of the vast majority of the nation's ills AND the "Tea Party Candidates" that have so far been elected to Congress seem to have -- as their central aim -- shutting down the national government through legislation that would permanently damage the national government's ability to govern. The newly nominated Republican senatorial candidate from Utah made it clear that he has no love for the 14th Amendment to the Constitution with what was basically his first public statement in that position.

I'm also not in love with the birthers and racists who seem to attend all Tea Party "events." Finally, I'm not thrilled that the same people who provide various Tea Party organizations with significant funding, are the folks that are writing cookie-cutter state laws designed to decrease the civil rights of union members, LGBT citizens, and hispanics.

No 'broad brushes, there.. no sir..ee, BOB!

How do you know they are racists Don? Seriously .. point to it.. you mean because the CBC has Evidence?

What rights are the TP people taking away from LGBT.

>>> HISPANICS<<<< what are they stealing from hispanics, DON.. NAME IT!!!

Don, Why dont you come out and say WHAT problem the tea party are causing union MEMBERS!!

Why DO republicans hate union members Don!!!

How about you comment on THEIR - tea party- position, Don... that they are not just republican, conservatives, Johnson/Reagan Democrats but they trusted their elected to do the right thing.. They didnt, now they are getting involved.
Added: NOW we know where Don gets his intelligence on the 'Tea Party Agenda for America'..
From Family Guy.

Notice mo, Don didnt say a word about 'Crony Capitalists'
Think. For. Yourself.
pettyfog
Carlos Bocanegra

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous