NFL Offseason

Anything and everything else you guys and gals would like to talk about (including other sports) can go, or can be found, here.

NFL Offseason

Postby MisterF » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:26 pm

With the draft a month away, I figured we needed an offseason thread. As always my Brownies are in the thick of it all. I just wish someday we were in the thick of the playoffs instead.


Here's a pretty hilarious Browns video I came across today. Sums up my feelings on our offseason pretty well.

COYW
User avatar
MisterF
Carlos Bocanegra
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:21 pm
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: NFL Offseason

Postby VegasJustin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:20 am

My Bears got Brandon Marshall for two third round picks. If we can sign Forte and make him happy then we will have one of the best offenses in the NFL. Why is that important? Because our defense is by far better than anyone the other teams with amazing offenses.

We haven't even drafted yet. Apparently we want Michael Floyd. Imagine him and Marshall together with Earl Bennett. Holy shit, we would approach Packers territory for number of weapons!
"By striving to do the impossible, man has always achieved what is possible. Those who have cautiously done no more than they believed possible have never taken a single step forward."- Mikhail Bakunin
VegasJustin
Carlos Bocanegra
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:04 pm

Re: NFL Offseason

Postby SoCalJoe » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:41 am

MisterF wrote:With the draft a month away, I figured we needed an offseason thread. As always my Brownies are in the thick of it all. I just wish someday we were in the thick of the playoffs instead.


Here's a pretty hilarious Browns video I came across today. Sums up my feelings on our offseason pretty well.



:text-lol: 'My checking account is currently in a rebuilding year'. Now that was funny. I can relate to this video since my brother and I had LA Rams season tix the last four years they were here (their best years was 5 wins) and it would piss me off to no end when I would be charged a full price for preseason games featuring guys who never made the final roster.

Quiet offseason so far. Peyton Manning to Denver, Tebow to the Jets, and the Saints receiving the stiffest penalty in the history of the NFL w/their coach Sean Payton suspended for the year. Nope, nothing going on :roll:
If you choose not to decide you've still made a choice - Neil Peart
SoCalJoe
FulhamUSA Jedi Master
 
Posts: 2275
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:36 pm
Location: Walnut, CA

Re: NFL Offseason

Postby MisterF » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:48 pm

What does everyone think of the new Nike uniforms? I was actually hoping there would be a more drastic change. Seahawks seemed to have changed the most.

http://www.uni-watch.com/2012/04/04/tea ... -uniforms/
COYW
User avatar
MisterF
Carlos Bocanegra
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:21 pm
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: NFL Offseason

Postby SoCalJoe » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:50 am

As far as the new uniforms and being a Seahawks fan, they look better, but then again we are the franchise that had those hideous green ones.

The draft is coming up and for the Browns fans, one simple decision; PICK TRENT RICHARDSON!!!! Barring injury, he will be the Rookie of the Year and get the Cleveland fans a reason to hope. DO NOT draft the Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill. He is a phenomenal athlete (played wide receiver before switching over to qb), but he will need to sit minimally for a year and be developed very slowly (do Browns fans really want that?). Throw him out there too early and he will most likely be ruined. Holmgren as a GM w/Seattle was poor, once they relieved him of that job and he focused on just coaching the Seahawks went to the Super Bowl. Hopefully, he's smart enough to pick Richardson. It will immediately make Colt McCoy better. Not saying he will have the same career, but there was a time where San Diego wanted to get rid of Drew Brees, a quarterback deemed too small, not durable enough, and inconsistent on the field. Brees clicked that last season w/the Chargers and it wouldn't be a shock if McCoy plays well this year.
If you choose not to decide you've still made a choice - Neil Peart
SoCalJoe
FulhamUSA Jedi Master
 
Posts: 2275
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:36 pm
Location: Walnut, CA

Re: NFL Offseason

Postby DCHeather » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:29 pm

How about those Saints? :naughty:
"Whether Felix Magath would have saved the Titanic, I do not know. However, the survivors would have been in top shape." Jan Fjortoft 2001.
User avatar
DCHeather
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2751
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:12 pm
Location: Mary Land

Re: NFL Offseason

Postby MisterF » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:13 am

So after 3 rounds are you happy with your team's picks?



Thrilled my Browns could grab Richardson! Easily the most exciting back we've had since coming back in 99.

Then of course they have to make a typical Browns move by grabbing Weedon at pick 22. I knew we were interested in him but not THAT interested. I guess it means the end of McCoy but Weedon's age is definitely a concern.

Happy with getting an O-lineman for the right side but when the heck are we going to get a WR!? We probably have one of the worst receiving corps in the league but they failed to pick any in the first 3 rounds. I guess we'll see today.
Last edited by MisterF on Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
COYW
User avatar
MisterF
Carlos Bocanegra
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:21 pm
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: NFL Offseason

Postby VegasJustin » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:23 am

I am very happy with the Bears first two picks. I believe that McClellin will be a good pass rusher and I think we got the steal of the draft with Alshon Jeffrey. Don't be surprised if Jeffrey ends up a perennial pro bowler. All of a sudden it looks like the Bears have an actual receiving corps with Marshall, Bennett and Jeffrey!


Really, the age shouldn't be a concern with Weeden. He is ready right now and has a top ten arm. He will be good for nearly ten years which should be more than enough. He's a worldly person which should mean he can step in and not be bothered by all the crap most rookies worry about.
"By striving to do the impossible, man has always achieved what is possible. Those who have cautiously done no more than they believed possible have never taken a single step forward."- Mikhail Bakunin
VegasJustin
Carlos Bocanegra
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:04 pm

Re: NFL Offseason

Postby SoCalJoe » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:56 am

Randy Lerner sells the Browns for 1 Billion dollars. Not too shabby, considering he inherited the team when his dad passed away. Not sure what this means for his continued ownership of Aston Villa. The new owner Jimmy Haslam (assuming the sale goes through) started the Pilot/Flying J travel centers, and currently owns a minority stake in the Steelers :shock: aka the Browns arch rival. Know we have some Cleveland fans on here, how is Ohio feeling about this?
If you choose not to decide you've still made a choice - Neil Peart
SoCalJoe
FulhamUSA Jedi Master
 
Posts: 2275
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:36 pm
Location: Walnut, CA

Re: NFL Offseason

Postby MisterF » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:01 pm

SoCalJoe wrote:Randy Lerner sells the Browns for 1 Billion dollars. Not too shabby, considering he inherited the team when his dad passed away. Not sure what this means for his continued ownership of Aston Villa. The new owner Jimmy Haslam (assuming the sale goes through) started the Pilot/Flying J travel centers, and currently owns a minority stake in the Steelers :shock: aka the Browns arch rival. Know we have some Cleveland fans on here, how is Ohio feeling about this?



The Steelers connection makes me a little uneasy but mostly I'm really excited. We've tried everything else so maybe a switch in owner will light a fire under this franchise. I watched his press conference and was very impressed. Should be interesting.

In other news, Browns season starting off disastrous as usual. First Phil Taylor and Chris Cocong get injured, next Joe Haden faces a 4 game suspension after testing positive for Adderall (huh!?) and now Trent Richardson is having knee surgery. :angry-banghead:
COYW
User avatar
MisterF
Carlos Bocanegra
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:21 pm
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: NFL Offseason

Postby SoCalJoe » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:24 pm

MisterF wrote:
SoCalJoe wrote:Randy Lerner sells the Browns for 1 Billion dollars. Not too shabby, considering he inherited the team when his dad passed away. Not sure what this means for his continued ownership of Aston Villa. The new owner Jimmy Haslam (assuming the sale goes through) started the Pilot/Flying J travel centers, and currently owns a minority stake in the Steelers :shock: aka the Browns arch rival. Know we have some Cleveland fans on here, how is Ohio feeling about this?



The Steelers connection makes me a little uneasy but mostly I'm really excited. We've tried everything else so maybe a switch in owner will light a fire under this franchise. I watched his press conference and was very impressed. Should be interesting.

In other news, Browns season starting off disastrous as usual. First Phil Taylor and Chris Cocong get injured, next Joe Haden faces a 4 game suspension after testing positive for Adderall (huh!?) and now Trent Richardson is having knee surgery. :angry-banghead:



Well it could be worse, I'm a Seahawks fan and we signed T.O.... :sad-roulette:
If you choose not to decide you've still made a choice - Neil Peart
SoCalJoe
FulhamUSA Jedi Master
 
Posts: 2275
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:36 pm
Location: Walnut, CA


Return to Miscellaneous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 0 guests