1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Jozy scored another goal In AZ's Europa match vs FC Metalist Kharkiv. Seven in all competitions. And there are still people who think he shouldnt be called up by Klinsmann. I'll try to find a vid.

2. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

3. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I think he should be called every time, but I don't think he should be put out as a lone striker. I don't kmow what formation AZ's playing, but from what I've seen of USMNT, when we put Jozy up alone, he ends up one on three....or worse, and doesn't usually do much the few times he gets the ball in that situation. Of course, that was under BB, so let's hope Klinsi can come up with something better to use him more effectively, especially in light of the fine season he's having for his club.

4. LaxAttack

Buddle had two goals this weekend.

Spector also picked up an ankle injury and is now questionable for the upcoming friendlies.

And Jermaine Jones is finally playing again for Schalke, having appeared in their Europa League game and Bundesliga game this week.

5. Clevelandmo

Lax thanks for the info on Spector. I saw he only played 12 mins but had no idea why.

Beasley scored a goal for Puebla.

6. LaxAttack

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

From LaxAttack's above post:

Code:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR0lvak7IGU[/youtube]
    Youtube has a lot of options to embed videos into websites it becomes more complicated than necessary when setting up to codes to work on the back end. :roll:

As rule of thumb it should like the code above to embed youtube videos on the messageboard. You may have to click on the video's share button (located just below the video) then select "options" and check the "long link" option box to get the link. Most of the time you can just cut paste the link.

Edson Buddle:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR0lvak7IGU[/youtube]

Herculez Gomez:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CDGhDMqrsA[/youtube]

Chris Rolfe:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjcm0bo9S2s[/youtube]

jeez...I haven't heard Chris Rolfe's name mentioned in a long time. I didn't even know he was playing abroad. :shock:

8. Clevelandmo

Thanks for the video Lax and Heather. Got love Gomez, picking up his diminutive teammate and carrying him on him on his shoulder.

9. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Always appreciate the posts. Hercules with a little Aaron Rodgers of the Packers tribute after his goal.

10. LaxAttack

Sacha scored this weekend (3:00 mark).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6GzmM57Qc4[/youtube]

11. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Thanks, LAX (d'oh!!!)

Damn, Sacha. It'd be great for the Nats if he keeps developing given Holden's horrible run of luck with injuries. Klestjan has quietly put together solid, first XI performances for the past season or two. Maybe he'll never be able to perform brilliantly on the world stage, but he's a regular at Anderlecht (a perennial Belgian champion/contender) and playing in the Europa League. That's not exactly slummin' it. Good for him.

12. Clevelandmo

Sasha also had a really nice through ball assist for the second goal at around the 2 min. mark. Wouldnt mind him getting called up for the France match.

13. SoCalJoe

Re: Yanks Abroad - Jozy benched

Jozy in the dog house w/the AZ coach. Had thought that he had matured, but apparently not. :x From Yanks Abroad;

AZ coach Gertjan Verbeek announced today that Jozy Altidore will not start tomorrow's Europa League against Austria Vienna

The Dutchman criticized Altidore's recent efforts on and off the field in comments to the local press. Verbeek, who is known as a strict disciplinarian, had previously expressed his displeasure with the forward's lack of fitness.

Despite issues with match fitness, Altidore has produced seven goals across all competitions this season for AZ.

This incident is not the first time Altidore has run into trouble with a manager. He was left out of the squad by Phil Brown after arriving late for a match with Hull City in October 2009.

On a positive note 20 year old Terrence Boyd made the bench for the first time for Borussia Dortmund.

14. LaxAttack

Joe, Jozy getting benched was from last week or the week before. He has already appeared back in the starting lineup since then (at least one game, possibly two games).

15. SoCalJoe

Thanks Lax, might have been wise of me to actually look at the date of the article :oops:

16. Clevelandmo

Re: Yanks Abroad - Grella nets four!

Mike Grella scored four goals for League One side Brentford in a tournament match against Bournemouth. He is a good player, I dont understand why he stopped getting minutes with Leeds because every time I saw him come on for them he clearly made an impact.

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10421~2511036,00.html

Also Jozy scored again for AZ, but I havent seen the goal yet.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I wonder that about Grella as well, maureen. I saw him play twice for Leeds on the telly and, as you said, he looked the part. Perhaps it's his attitude. Could he be less Clint Dempsey and more Clint Mathis?

18. LaxAttack

19. Clevelandmo

Like Clint Dempsey. Hodgson said so and not in private buy publically. Really inapproriate in my opinion but luckily for Fulham you dont tread on Clint Dempsey.

20. SoCalJoe

Based on Grella ending up with run-ins w/managers it sure looks like he leans more to the enigmatic Mathis.