USA to play Mexico in friendly

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Clevelandmo, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I think it is still a rumor, but Klinsmann is supposedly excited about it so everyone thinks it will happen . . . in August . . . at Azteca. A Friendly? An oxymoron me thinks.

Klinsmann has done a two part interview on Fifa.com.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminar ... index.html

There is some talk about Mexico that will rub USA fans like me the wrong way. First der Kaiser says something about we are aspiring to play like them. Then says this,

A notch above, we play up to their level? You can think they are a better team, which I think is easily debateable, but they are not on a different level. What have they done internationally to prove this?

Is Klinsmann just trying to rile up the players and the fans?

2. tim

tim Active Member

That's a very strange thing for him to say. Maybe he needs a lesson in recent history. If not, I certainly hope he knows what he's doing from a motivational standpoint.