USA to play Mexico in friendly

A place to talk about all the news and rumors in the EPL. And discuss all non-EPL leagues and teams...Europe, Seria A, MLS, La Liga etc. Also, International play, Word Cup, Qualifying, etc.

USA to play Mexico in friendly

Postby Clevelandmo » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:18 pm

I think it is still a rumor, but Klinsmann is supposedly excited about it so everyone thinks it will happen . . . in August . . . at Azteca. A Friendly? An oxymoron me thinks.

Klinsmann has done a two part interview on Fifa.com.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminar ... index.html

There is some talk about Mexico that will rub USA fans like me the wrong way. First der Kaiser says something about we are aspiring to play like them. Then says this,

I would love to play Mexico every day. When you play teams like this, good teams, you play up to their level. Mexico are a notch above us on the international scene, there is no denying that. At the same time, we know we can beat them and we’ve proven it.

A notch above, we play up to their level? You can think they are a better team, which I think is easily debateable, but they are not on a different level. What have they done internationally to prove this?

Is Klinsmann just trying to rile up the players and the fans?
Clevelandmo
FulhamUSA Jedi Master

Re: USA to play Mexico in friendly

Postby tim » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:47 pm

That's a very strange thing for him to say. Maybe he needs a lesson in recent history. If not, I certainly hope he knows what he's doing from a motivational standpoint.
tim
Carlos Bocanegra

Return to Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International